Seeking Building Engineer / Architect in Charlottetown
FULL-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION
(Commencing Immediately for one year with possibility a of extension)
The Building Engineer / Architect works with a high degree of independence in the provision of professional services related to the planning and design of building construction, renovation or repair projects in Department buildings as well as buildings operated by Client Boards and Agencies. The Building Engineer / Architect represents the Department, as Project Leader, at meetings with client department or agency user groups, public interest groups, consultants and contractors associated with building projects. Also responsible during the construction phase of a project to resolve/mediate technical and contract issues. This position monitors and evaluates the work, directs change/modification as warranted. The resolution must be both technically correct and fairly respect the contractual obligations of both contractor and the owner (DTI).
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering (other Engineering disciplines may be considered) or Degree in
- Must be eligible for registration in Association of Professional Engineers of P.E.I. or registration in the Architects Association of
- Must have extensive experience with planning and design associated with construction, renovation and repair of commercial and
- Must have extensive experience related to project implementation and administration of contacts associated with commercial and
institutional building construction.
- Requires considerable experience as a project leader for planning and design of commercial and institutional building projects.
- Experience in making presentations to committees and client-groups is required.
- Must have strong inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Requires strong analytical and communication skills.
- Extensive experience using word processing, data base and spread sheet software is required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory current and recent Criminal Records Check, prior to employment.
- The successful candidate must provide a current hearing test, prior to employment.
- Experience with the planning, design and construction of healthcare facilities would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge about the use of computer assisted drafting software would be an asset.
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to UPSE Civil employees as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. The successful candidate will be the only individual receiving written notification of competition results. The “Notification of Successful Candidates” list posted on the Employment Opportunity board will serve to inform all other applicants of competition results.
Please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8.
Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.gov.pe.ca/jobs. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone 368-4080.